ROCHESTER, Minn.- With hands on hearts, and salutes held strong, the Rochester community came together to honor those officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
On Friday The Law Enforcement Memorial was held at Soldiers Field Park in Rochester where the community gathered to show their respects.
Jonathan Jacobson is a sergeant with the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office, he says he hasn't missed one of these ceremonies since they started. "It's an excellent way to pay respect to those who have served and died in the line of duty and also be here for the surviving families. Just to show them that we're still here and we still remember their sacrifice."
Hopefully by 2020, a Law Enforcement Memorial will be built across the street from the Veterans Memorial at Soldiers Field Park.
If you would like to donate to the memorial, click here.
- Honoring our fallen officers
- Fallen MnDot workers honored
- Benefit for Fallen Officers
- Fallen Heroes Display honors those who served
- Fundraiser held to honor fallen police officer and raise funds for new law enforcement memorial
- Iowa to lower flags to honor fallen Marine
- Honoring correction officers' 'silent work'
- Thousands of officers attend funeral for fallen MN prison guard
- Rochester area officer honored by DNR
- Memorial Day Service in Preston honors fallen: 'These soldiers are the true heroes'