ROCHESTER, Minn. - October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month and on Wednesday, PossAbilities held their annual luncheon and award event.
Business who employ people who have disabilities and employees with disabilities were recognized for their inclusion, hard work, and growth.
Serenity Couture Salon and Spa was given the John Ellingson Summit Award, an honor given to a business that goes above and beyond to make their PossAbilities employees feel like a part of the team.
"I feel so happy I got this," says Megan Wibben, who works for the salon.
"They are the stars of our salon. They really brighten up the workplace for everyone. Megan, youre just a joy to be around... Everyone loves her. Not only the employees, but our clients. They really like to interact with Megan, and you really just bring a smile to everyone's face," adds Jessica Huxsol, operations manager at Serenity Couture Salon and Spa.
- Honoring employees who have disabilities
- Washing cars for disabled veterans
- Adaptive music class for students with disabilities
- Festival of Trees brings awareness to disabilities
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Organization helping people with disabilities is growing
- Celebrating International Day of Persons With Disabilities
- Summer camp helps people defy disabilities
- New grocer hiring employees
- Woman pleads not guilty to neglecting her disabled mother