ROCHESTER, Minn. - Rochester Community and Technical College's HIVE Supply is a food and personal item shelf for students in need. They can visit once per week and take up to 10 items per visit.
The branches of Home Federal Savings Bank had a competition to see which bank could collect the most donations for the cause. The Civic Center Drive location won. On Thursday, they presented the food, personal hygiene, and school supply items to RCTC as well as a $2,000 check.
"It means the world. It's so great that the community is taking an interest and Home Federal Savings Bank is really our first community partner in donations so we appreciate them and all the community members that have donated over this past month. It really allows for us to diversify what we're offering students," says Director of Student Life Laura Engelman.
- Home Federal Savings Bank donates to RCTC's HIVE supply.
- Students donate artwork to RCTC
- Bee hive vandalism in western Iowa
- Local dealer donates car to RCTC
- RCTC wrestlers "exceeding" expectations
- Iowa farmer reports thousands of bees died after hives vandalized
- New president named at RCTC
- RCTC president receives statewide award
- RCTC students talk about civility
- RCTC hosts Super Bowl party