It was as good as advertised. Kasson-Mantorville and the Academy of Holy Angels squared off in a Class AA quarterfinal in Saint Paul on Thursday night. The teams split the first two sets before the Stars won the deciding set 15-13.
Peyton Suess led the KoMets with 32 kills.
K-M can still place 5th in the consolation bracket.
- Holy Angels ousts K-M in quarterfinal thriller
- Iowa prep football quarterfinal matchups
- Osage answers the call in state quarterfinals
- UNI loses in quarterfinals of 'Arch Madness'
- Osage wins 5-set thriller to reach state semifinals
- Voters oust Iowa prosecutor accused of being drunk in courtroom
- Ousted Minnesota Republican faults McCain for losing House
- Woman who helped after I-35 crash: 'There's an angel watching out for him'