MASON CITY, Iowa - Many people have already started their holiday travel and the Iowa State Patrol is making sure that drivers are following the rules.
According to Iowa State Patrol, traffic has increased quite a bit over the weekend.
Drivers have been pulled over for speeding which is the number one reason for crashes.
State Trooper Carlos Lopez explains what they will be looking for while out on the highways.
“Seatbelt usage, make sure you are buckled up, reduce your speed and keep it at the speed limit and also distracted driving. Cell phones, eating things of that nature just make sure you are focused on the road."
Lopez says they will have more state troopers out patrolling to ensure that drivers are safe.
- Holiday travel safety for drivers
- Holiday traffic safety for drivers
- Gas prices and holiday travel
- Holiday Hazards
- Rural Minnesota drivers praise speed limit hike, safety experts worry
- Teen drivers learning how to avoid distractions and safe driving conditions during Teen Driver Safety Week
- Traveling Affected by Storm
- Pilot shortage concerns travelers
- Labor Day weekend travel
- Travel updates from MnDOT