FOREST CITY, Iowa- The 2nd annual Holiday of Lights celebration is kicking off Friday at Heritage Park in Forest City.
The “Enchanted Forest” is all lit up with even more trees from local groups than they had the year before. Folks can drive through and look at the lights as well as vote on which tree they liked best and donate money towards each tree. All of the money raced will go towards the upkeep of the park as well as local groups that have volunteered at the park.
“It’s volunteers out here and nobody is really getting a paycheck for all the hard work they put,” says Adrianne Ohmart, a volunteer herself. “All the money goes back in to the park to cover events like this.”
Ohmart says they are still looking for volunteers this year because of how large they have grown.
- Holiday Tour of Lights kicks off
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce kicks of policy tour
- Iowa's sales tax free holiday kicks off today
- Rochester's Hiding Artists Tour
- German leaders tour Minnesota
- Holiday Hazards
- Emergency furnace calls kicking in
- Kicking-off camping in Iowa
- Lake Zumbro kicks off dredging
- Preston's Trout Days kicks off