ROCKWELL, Iowa - If your commute involves Highway 65 between Mason City and Iowa Falls, be prepared for delays.
This Tuesday, Iowa DOT began microsurfacing the stretch of highway, with only single line traffic alternating directions, which may mean waiting for and following behind a pilot car.
Scott Huntbatch commutes from Mason City to his insurance office in Rockwell, and says that while it may be an inconvenience to some, he notes that crews are moving quickly.
"It hasn't been too bad. If you just slow down, take your time, it hasn't been terribly inconvenient. They've been doing a good job of controlling traffic," Huntbatch says.
If weather cooperates, Iowa DOT expects the project to be wrapped up by June 8th.
- Highway 65 construction begins this week
- Expect delays as Highway 65 project beings
- Business sparks changes to Highway 65 project
- Highway 122 construction safety changes being made
- Highway 122 construction project impacts so far
- Road work begins on Southeast Minnesota highways
- Portion of Highway 65 in north Iowa closed after storm rolls through
- Lane of Highway 65 in Albert Lea closed due to water on road
- MnDOT: Highway 65 in Albert Lea is closed in both directions
- U.S. 65 reopening in Mason City