LYLE, Minn. – The State Patrol says alcohol was involved in a two-vehicle collision that injured two people Friday.
It happened around 12:42 pm north of Lyle on Highway 218. Authorities say Brett Alan Frank, 41 of Lyle, was driving south and Sarah Mae Ehret, 53 of Austin, was driving north when they crashed. Both suffered non-life threatening injuries. Frank was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin. Ehret was transported to St. Marys Hospital in Rochester.
The State Patrol says both were wearing their seat belts and lists alcohol as involved in Frank’s part of the crash.
Lyle fire department and first responders and Mayo Ambulance assisted with this collision.
Previous stories below
LYLE, Minnesota - A crash on Highway 218 near the Iowa-Minnesota border blocked the road Friday afternoon
The Minnesota Department of Transportation said between 130th St. and 140th St. near Lyle the road was blocked due to a crash.
Lyle is south of Austin on Highway 218.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
Hwy 218 south of #AustinMN is closed to traffic after a crash. Temporary detour route is Mower Co Rd 5 west to Hwy 105 south to Mower Co Rd 6 east, back to Hwy 218 just north of Lyle. Slow down, watch for law enforcement investigating. https://t.co/xbK5MXsJli
— MnDOT District 6 (@mndotsoutheast) February 14, 2020
- State Patrol says alcohol involved in Highway 218 crash n Mower Co.
- State Patrol: Alcohol involved in Mower County crash that injured 1
- Travel not advised in Mower County; 2 semis involved in crash on Highway 218 as conditions worsen
- Highway 218 detoured south of Austin
- Highway 218 lane closure in Lyle Wednesday
- Hog trailer overturns on Highway 218 in Mitchell County
- One injured in Highway 218 collision in Austin
- State Patrol: Rudd driver involved in Freeborn County crash
- State Patrol: 4 injured in collision at Mower Co. intersection
- US 218 in Floyd County back open after crash