FAYETTE COUNTY, Iowa – A high-speed chase turns deadly on an Iowa roadway.
According to Iowa State Patrol, it happened around 1:45 Saturday afternoon, on Mills Street going into Wadena.
A Fayette County deputy engaged in a pursuit with a 2008 Kia Spectra, driven by 28-year-old Jared Hill of Jefferson City, Miss.
Hill was northbound on Mills Street when he crossed into the oncoming lane. He hit a legal parked and unoccupied Dodge Ram head-on.
Authorities say Hill was not wearing his seat belt.
Fayette County Sheriff's Office, Wadena Fire Department, and Iowa State Patrol assisted on the scene.
- High-speed chase turns fatal on Iowa roadway
- Northeast Iowa man arrested after high speed chase
- Not guilty plea in high speed chase
- Waterloo man arrested after high-speed chase
- Flooded roadways
- Sheriff: Man who led authorities on high-speed chase in Worth County turns himself in
- Police: Iowa man charged in fatality was speeding, on phone
- Man pleads not guilty in high speed chase
- Man leads authorities on high speed chase through four counties
- Rochester man gets probation for high speed chase