PRESTON, Minn. – Trying to avoid arrest is sending a Fillmore County man to prison.
Justin Leroy Rickert, 42 of Wykoff, was sentenced Thursday to one year and 10 months behind bars, with credit for 261 days already served. He pleaded guilty in April to fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle.
The Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office says it tried to pick up Rickert for a parole violation in May 2018 but he escaped after a car chase into northeast Iowa that hit speeds of over 100 miles per hour. Rickert was later arrested in Winneshiek County and extradited back to Minnesota.
- High-speed chase sends Fillmore County man to prison
- Fillmore County man pleads not guilty in high-speed chase
- Man leads authorities on high speed chase through four counties
- Howard County man pleads not guilty in high-speed chase
- Not guilty plea in high speed chase
- Violent car chase sending northeast Iowa man to prison
- Meth sending Hancock County man to prison
- Dodge County threat sending man to prison
- Man pleads not guilty in high speed chase
- Rochester man gets probation for high speed chase