DECORAH, Iowa – A Fayette County man is pleading not guilty to dealing heroin.
Jacob Swearingen, 32 of Westgate, is charged with two counts of possession with intent to deliver heroin. These charges are connected to a drug bust conducted on June 6, 2017, in Winneshiek County but Swearingen was not arrested until he was picked up on an outstanding warrant in Linn County on November 18.
That drug bust has already resulted in federal drug convictions for two other people and another trial scheduled to begin in January 2019.
Swearingen’s trial is set to start on February 20, 2019.
- Heroin trial set in Winneshiek County
- Guilty verdict in Winneshiek County murder trial
- Howard County drivers collide in Winneshiek County
- Cresco men collide in Winneshiek County
- Two teens killed in Winneshiek County crash
- Train and truck collide in Winneshiek County
- UPDATE: Missing Winneshiek County man found
- Winneshiek County farmer admits to animal neglect
- 1 seriously injured in Winneshiek County crash
- Waterloo men accused of Winneshiek County theft