OLMSTED COUTNY, Minn. – A man is facing 10 charges after a search ended with a helicopter locating a man after he drove behind a man’s barn.
George Bojszuk, 49, of Burlington, Wisconsin, is facing charges that include felony charges for fleeing and first-degree damage to property of public utility/common carrier. He is also facing seven misdemeanor charges and is on hold for a felony charge for another agency.
Authorities say the pursuit began in Monroe County (Wis.) and was terminated when it entered Minnesota.
A trooper on Interstate-90 identified a speeding vehicle going 87 miles per hour that had a matching license plate and confirmed the vehicle had been stolen. Upon trying to stop the vehicle, it fled westbound on I-90 before it exited on CR 10 northbound. The pursuit was discontinued due to public safety before a resident off CR 10 reported an unknown vehicle behind a barn. The Rochester Police K-9 and State Patrol Helicopter were called to assist and the helicopter directed troopers, officers and the K9 to the suspect.
He was taken into custody at 9:50 p.m.
- Helicopter used to locate man in SE Minnesota after pursuit
- Authorities asking for public's help to locate man involved in multi-county SE Minnesota pursuit
- Flood Warning in effect for some SE Minnesota locations
- Survivor describes Minnesota fatal medical helicopter crash
- Wanted Minnesota man arrested after pursuit into Eyota
- UPDATE: Teenage girl located in southern Minnesota
- 'Endangered' children from Tennessee located in Minnesota
- Nurse, pilot killed in medical helicopter crash in Minnesota
- SE Minnesota man sentenced for Alaska trip to exploit child
- Authorities ID SE Minnesota man killed in crash