MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Heavy snow has caused some structural damage at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Authorities say part of the roof of the cattle barn gave way Tuesday night. No one was hurt. The 99-year-old brick barn is used for storage during the winter months. The extent of the damage to items stored there is not yet known.
The collapse followed the evacuation of the Super 8 motel in Shakopee just hours earlier after the roof gave way over the swimming pool. The pool area was closed earlier in the day because the roof appeared be sagging.
About a dozen guests were moved to other hotels because of concerns about a possible gas leak.
- Heavy snow collapses Minnesota State Fairgrounds barn roof
- Historic bridge roof collapsed
- Minnesota dairy farmers see unusual number of barn collapses
- Hancock County company dealing with collapsed roof
- Part of shopping plaza roof caved in due to heavy snow on roof
- Minnesota's last covered bridge nearly complete after snow collapse
- Cerro Gordo County farmer assessing the damage after snow drifts topple barn roof
- School roof collapse creates another snow day for some Iowa kids
- MN Senate approves disaster loans for barn collapses
- Heavy snow causing numerous structural concerns across Minnesota