Heavy rainfall could be on the horizon.
We will be tracking more showers and storms Thursday night and into Friday morning, which will lead to some areas picking up as much as another half inch to more than an inch.
The heavier rain will move in overnight Thursday and throughout Friday morning. Thanks to a stationary boundary setting up to our south, this will keep our temperatures incredibly cool.
Highs on Friday will only be in the upper 40's to the lower 50's. Overnight lows throughout the area will be in the lower to mid 40's.
Scattered showers without the heavy rain threat will persist periodically throughout Saturday as temperatures remain on the cooler side and only top out in the 50's for highs. The clouds will decrease for Mother's Day giving way to highs in the 60's.
VIDEO: Latest Forecast
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
There will be some heavy rain moving through overnight tonight and into Friday morning. Those shades of purple indicate areas most favorable to see 1-2+". This shows the rainfall totals all the way through Sunday night. #IAwx #MNwx pic.twitter.com/lSzmDReWRZ
— KIMT Weather (@KIMTWeather) May 10, 2018
- Heavy rain possible as temperatures will dip
- Austin HRA dips into reserve funds
- Heavy rain hits central and northwest Iowa
- 'Obamacare' sign-up tally dips slightly to 8.7M
- Heavy rain leaves behind a mess in North Iowa
- Heavy rain expected in Iowa over the next week
- Storm Team 3: Heavy rain is on the way
- Storm Team 3: Storms turn into heavy rain tonight
- Check your water temperatures
- Locals enjoy unseasonable temperatures