MILWAUKEE (AP) — A hearing has been rescheduled for a man accused of killing the mother of his child in Milwaukee.
WITI-TV reports 35-year-old Dariaz Higgins had a preliminary hearing scheduled Monday, but that hearing was adjourned as Higgins hires an attorney. The hearing was rescheduled for April 4.
Higgins is accused of fatally shooting 24-year-old Sierra Robinson and wounding another woman earlier this month. He faces charges including first-degree intentional homicide.
The body of Higgins' 2-year-old daughter, Noelani Robinson, was found in a ditch in Minnesota four days after Higgins was arrested on March 13. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says the child died from head trauma. Her death remains under investigation.
Funeral services were held Saturday for Sierra and Noelani Robinson in Kansas City, Missouri, where Sierra's father lives.
- Hearing reset for man accused of killing missing girl's mom
- Man charged with killing missing girl's mom due in court
- FBI warns internet users to reset routers
- $1M bail set for man charged with killing missing girl's mom
- Man accused of burglarizing home of missing Wisconsin girl
- Iowa mom arrested, accused of killing 5-year-old daughter
- Man sentenced for harboring a missing girl
- Iowa man accused in guitar killing of mom plans insanity defense
- Man, wife accused of stealing from his disabled mom, 90
- Minnesota day care provider accused of killing infant girl