AUSTIN, Minn.- It's that time of the year again, time to sign up for health insurance.
It’s something the law requires all of us to have.
MNSure is an insurance marketplace helping Minnesotans choose health insurance policies.
They say it can be difficult to choose a plan, so they suggest comparing different policies that will fit your needs.
“Check the new plans out and see what’s available, how they work,” said Chuck Moline.
He works as a broker for MNSure, helping people find the right healthcare insurance.
He tells KIMT that it is the law to have health insurance, but it can often be a long process to get insurance.
“I’ve had people who make a mistake on one document and have to go back and fix it.”
He adds it’s important to have it because you never know when an accident or illness will occur.
“To be transported by air from Austin to Rochester…it was about $16,000 that’s kind of the importance of having insurance to make sure those big bills are covered.”
The 2019 open enrollment period runs from November 1st until January 13th.
- Health insurance enrollment starts Nov. 1st
- Iowans can now buy cheaper health insurance
- Presentation helps people understand health insurance
- Alzheimer's patients can enroll in Minnesota medical cannabis program July 1st
- New high for health insurance sign-up in Minnesota
- Iowa to notify families soon about kid's health insurance
- Warning about phony health insurance calls in Minnesota
- Flu Immunization Clinic Available for Those Without Health Insurance
- Bitter health insurance debate erupts in Minnesota House
- Health care, immigration top issues at Democrats' 1st debate