ROCHESTER, Minn. -- A head-on crash into a sign post in Rochester lands one man behind bars Sunday night.
The crash happened just before midnight Sunday near the corner of 37th St. NW and E. Frontage Rd.
The car veered off the road, traveled around 50 yards through snow covered grass before crashing head-on into a Hobby Lobby sign post. Police say the suspected driver claimed he was the passenger in the crash, but police only found one set of footprints in the snow around the scene.
Authorities say he was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
He was taken to St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester for further evaluation.
- Head-on crash into sign post lands one man in jail
- Multiple thefts land a Rochester man in jail
- Plethora of drugs land Rochester man in jail
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- What happens to Campaign signs post election?
- Jail for MN man who crashed in Clear Lake
- Austin man injured in head on crash Monday afternoon
- Jail time for Austin man
- Osage man sentenced to jail
- Post-Christmas Returns