By LUKE MEREDITH
AP Sports Writer
Iowa State's brutal loss to Kansas State to end the regular season dimmed the program's bowl prospects. But after five years of staying home in December, the Cyclones are thrilled to go anywhere - including Memphis. That's where Iowa State (7-5, 5-4 Big 12) will be on Dec. 30 when it faces the hometown Memphis Tigers (10-2, 7-1 AAC) in the Liberty Bowl. The appearance will snap a string of five seasons without a postseason appearance and give the Cyclones a shot at just the fourth bowl win in school history.
The rival Hawkeyes (7-5), who beat Iowa State in a 44-41 overtime thriller in September, will face Boston College (7-5) in the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec. 27.
- Iowa State earns Liberty Bowl bid, Iowa to Pinstripe
- Pinstripe Bowl Preview
- Liberty Bowl preview
- Miguel Recinos excited for Pinstripe Bowl challenge
- No. 5 Oklahoma survives Iowa State's upset bid
- Governors bet over Iowa State/Washington bowl match up
- Iowa rallies past No. 18 Mississippi State in Outback Bowl
- Elizabeth Warren planning trip to Iowa in bid for president
- Osage earns Top of Iowa Conference bragging rights
- Iowa State holds off Iowa 84-78 for 6th straight win