ELDORA, Iowa – Both trials in the imprisonment of an eight-year-old is being delayed are now set for 2019.
Alex Shadlow and Traci Tyler are accused of kidnapping in Hardin County. Authorities say they locked Shadlow’s young son in a makeshift basement cell and held him there at least nine hours a day, withholding food and forcing him to endure dog bites.
Tyler’s trial was scheduled to begin in Cerro Gordo County on Monday. It has now been rescheduled to February 4, 2019. Shadlow is set to stand trial in Dickinson County on January 7, 2019.
Shadlow had requested separate trials, citing the likelihood that his defense would conflict with that of Tyler.
- Hardin County kidnapping case pushed back
- Not guilty plea in Hardin County kidnapping
- Trial delayed in Hardin County kidnap/torture case
- Fatal crash in Hardin County
- Dows man airlifted after crash in Hardin County
- Guilty plea in Mower County kidnap/rape case
- Man entered Alford plea in Mitchell County kidnapping case
- Man sentenced in Mower County kidnap/rape case
- UPDATE: Trial for torture/imprisonment of Hardin Co. boy underway
- Attempted murder trial pushed back in Mower County