GARNER, Iowa – A woman has been sentenced for stealing pain medication from a nursing home resident.
51-year-old Denise Ranae Wagner of Kanawha pleaded guilty to a serious misdemeanor charge of dependent adult abuse. Authorities say Wagner took a fentanyl patch from a resident of the Kanawha Community Home in June 2017 while Wagner worked there in the kitchen.
On Friday, Wagner was sentenced to 14 days in jail, a $315 fine, and two years of supervised probation. Wagner must also pay restitution of $75.
- Hancock County woman sentenced for stealing pain medication
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash
- Probation for Hancock County woman
- Second woman sentenced for Hancock County drug bust
- Prison sentence for Hancock County drug hider
- Half of Hancock County drug bust sentenced
- Jewel thief sentenced in Hancock County
- Hancock County teacher sentenced for drunk driving
- Mason City man sentenced for stealing pain pills
- Titonka woman sentenced for stealing over $50,000