CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – A man arrested in Hancock County for a stolen gun is now accused of a federal crime.
Aric Gail Dunn, 25 of Webster City, was stopped while driving on U.S. Highway 18 near Britt on December 17, 2018. Officers say two loaded handguns were found in a box behind the driver’s seat and one of them had been reported stolen.
Dunn pleaded not guilty to 2nd and 3rd degree theft but those charges have now been dismissed to allow for Dunn’s prosecution in Cedar Rapids Federal Court. He’s pleaded not guilty to one federal court of felon in possession of firearms and ammunition and Dunn’s trial is due to begin on June 10.
- Hancock County arrest leads to a federal charge
- Federal charges for Hancock County men
- Federal prison sentence follows Hancock County arrest
- Floyd County drug arrest leads to federal charges
- Three facing drug charges in Hancock County
- Hancock County teacher charged with OWI
- Duo charged after Hancock County drug search
- Minneapolis man charged with Hancock County stabbing
- Hancock County drug arrest going to trial
- Hancock County women arrested in meth investigation