HAMPTON, Iowa – A Franklin County man has been charged with 1st degree kidnapping and assault with intent to commit sexual abuse.
Juan Pavon Garcia, 47 of Hampton, was arrested Sunday around 3 am after Hampton Police were called to the Coonley building on an unrelated matter. Officers were contacted by a man who told them a woman was being held prisoner in her apartment. After getting to the apartment, law enforcement says there was blood all around the door knob and door frame and it sounded like a female was sobbing inside the apartment.
Officers tried to force open the door but say it was being pushed closed from the inside. Authorities say they eventually got the door open and that began a struggle in the hallway with Garcia. After Garcia was tased and handcuffed, a woman in the apartment accused Garcia of pinning her to a futon and fondling her breasts. The woman says she repeatedly tried to leave the apartment but Garcia would not let her.
The woman says she was able to send a text message to a man, who then contacted police after he was unable to free her himself. The man says he saw Garcia shove the woman back into the apartment and away from the door.
Law enforcement also says a methamphetamine pipe fell out of Garcia’s clothes and was destroyed during the hallway struggle.
According to court records, Garcia is being held on $110,000 cash only bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for August 7.
- Hampton man accused of kidnapping
- UNI smashes Hampton, 44-0
- Hampton man accused of theft and drug possession
- Authorities: Hampton man accused of sexually abusing female juvenile
- Mason City man accused of kidnapping
- UPDATE: Missing Hampton man found in Nebraska
- Marijuana sentence for Hampton teen
- Man arrested in Minnetonka kidnapping
- Western Iowa man accused of kidnapping, sex abuse
- Residents relieved after missing Hampton man with dementia found safe