MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Republicans in Minnesota's 1st District have backed Jim Hagedorn for the U.S. House seat being vacated by Democrat Tim Walz.
The party says delegates picked Hagedorn over state Sen. Carla Nelson at an endorsing convention Saturday in Mankato.
Walz decided to run for governor instead of seeking re-election the district representing southern Minnesota.
Democrats on Saturday were holding their endorsing convention in Le Sueur.
- Hagedorn gets GOP endorsement to replace Tim Walz
- US Rep. Tim Walz discusses new bill
- Governor-Elect Tim Walz visits Rochester
- U.S. Representative Tim Walz Joins The Picket Line
- Minnesota gubernatorial candidate Tim Walz visits RCTC, discusses higher education
- Congressional candidate Hagedorn talks national security
- Hagedorn and Feehan square off in debate
- Indivisible Rochester sends messages to Rep. Hagedorn
- Hagedorn visit Austin town hall meeting
- Updated MN results: Hagedorn edges Feehan in District 1