AUSTIN, Minn. – Police are looking for answers after gunfire outside an apartment early Friday.
Austin police were called to the 1400 block of 2nd Avenue SW around 1:30 am. Officers say they found several bullet holes in the outside the building and several spent shell casings in the street. Police say gunfire hit two separate apartments. No injuries were reported.
Police Captain David McKichan says Justin Jamal Downer, 22, who lives in the apartment hit by more bullets, was pulled over in an unrelated traffic stop shortly after the gunfire was reported. He was arrested for driving after his license was revoked. Officers say there also appeared to be a bullet hole in his vehicle.
This investigation is continuing and anyone with information is asked to call 507-437-9400.
- Gunfire hits apartments in Austin
- Gunfire reported in Austin
- Investigation underway into Mower County house hit by gunfire
- Trial set in Rochester gunfire
- Bicyclist hit by car in Austin
- Proposed apartments in Austin closer to becoming reality
- Man arrested after gunfire in eastern Iowa
- UPDATE: Suspect identified in Mason City gunfire
- Albert lea man pleads guilty to gunfire
- Austin High School wind ensemble to hit the big stage