ROCHESTER, Minn. – A plea deal is reached with a man accused of threatening to kill someone over a cell phone passcode.
Jose Luis Delgado Jr., 20 of Plainview, has pleaded guilty to gross misdemeanor stalking. In exchange, felony charges of 2nd degree assault and threats of violence have been dismissed.
Rochester police say Delgado pulled out a knife and a machete and jabbed at his victim when he refused to tell Delgado the phone code.
Delgado has been sentenced to two years of supervised probation and must either pay a $500 fine or do 50 hours of community work service.
- Guilty plea in threat over phone code
- Man pleads not guilty to threat over phone code
- Not guilty plea in Rochester bomb threats
- Not guilty plea in Rochester stabbing threat
- Not guilty plea in Mason City death threat case
- Code Ninjas teaches kids coding through games
- Guilty plea in summer burglary
- Guilty plea in Byron standoff
- Guilty plea in Zumbrota shooting
- Guilty plea in bleach attack