ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A woman accused of passing “funny money” at Albert Lea businesses is pleading guilty.
Satera Marie Kontz, 32 of Albert Lea, was arrested in April after police received reports of a woman spending counterfeit cash in town. Officers identified her vehicle, followed it to a motel parking lot, and say they found counterfeit bills and about 10 grams of methamphetamine inside.
Kontz is pleading guilty to possession of counterfeit currency. A charge of 5th degree drug possession is being dismissed. Her sentencing is set for September 20.
- Guilty plea in case of counterfeit cash in Albert Lea
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea stabbing
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea church burglary
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea armed robbery
- Guilty plea in violent Albert Lea burglary
- Albert Lea woman pleads not guilty to possessing meth and counterfeit cash
- Second not guilty plea in Albert Lea neglect case
- Albert Lea woman sentenced for counterfeit money
- Guilty plea for stolen vehicle in Albert Lea
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea Dairy Queen theft