RED WING, Minn. – A guilty plea has been entered in what authorities describe as a drug deal gone bad that resulted in a shooting.
Payton Frances Koob, 18 of Red Wing, Shun Barnell Johnson, 21 of Austin, and Elliott Robert Jackson, 18 of Rochester, were arrested on December 11, 2017. Authorities say the three were involved in an attempt to buy marijuana that turned into an argument and an effort to rob the drug dealer, which ended with a man getting shot in the arm.
After a report of someone being shot and a brief chase, seven law enforcement agencies cooperated in searching for and catching Koob, Johnson, and Jackson.
Koob pleaded guilty Wednesday to conspiracy to commit simple robbery. Her sentencing is set for June 20.
Johnson and Jackson have pleaded not guilty to 1st degree burglary and conspiracy to commit simple robbery. No trial dates have been scheduled for them.
- Guilty plea in Zumbrota shooting
- Guilty plea in Austin shooting
- Appeals court approves large hot lot near Zumbrota
- Not guilty plea in deadly Rochester shooting
- Guilty plea in Austin shooting investigation
- Guilty plea in summer burglary
- Guilty plea in Byron standoff
- Guilty plea in bleach attack
- Guilty plea in Rochester chase
- Guilty plea in GameStop robbery