MASON CITY, Iowa – A plea deal has been struck in the theft of an expensive piece of construction equipment.
Brett Gerald Wetter, 43 of Mason City, has agreed to plead guilty to 4th degree theft. Mason City police say he stole a DigiTrak drill locator unit from a construction site in the Southbridge Mall parking lot on February 15. The unit is worth around $17,000.
A DigiTrak drill locator unit.
Wetter was arrested after authorities say he tried to sell the stolen unit to a company in Florida.
Wetter was originally charged with 1st degree theft. No sentencing date has been set.
- Guilty plea in Mason City construction site theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Guilty pleas in Mason City theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City garage burglaries
- Not guilty plea in Mason City chase
- Not guilty plea in Mason City burglary
- Guilty plea in Mason City forgery case
- Guilty plea in Mason City double-murder
- Guilty plea in Mason City strangulation
- Not guilty plea in lottery ticket theft