ALBERT LEA, Minn. – One of two men charged in a Freeborn County kidnapping is pleading guilty.
Cody Lee Hanson, 30 of Albert Lea, entered a guilty plea Tuesday to 2nd degree assault with a dangerous weapon. Authorities say Hanson and Kenneth Bruce Nelson, 40 of Faribault, abducted a man in mid-July 2017. The victim says he was sleeping inside his vehicle when Hanson and Nelson attacked him, tied him up, and drove him to Albert Lea.
Police say the victim was able to escape and call for help.
Hanson’s sentencing is scheduled for June 6.
Nelson is pleading not guilty to kidnapping, 1st degree aggravated robbery, and false imprisonment. His trial is set for June 12.
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County sex assault
- Not guilty plea in Hardin County kidnapping
- Not guilty plea in Winnebago County kidnapping
- Prison sentence in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Second sentencing set in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Not guilty plea in Freeborn County shovel attack
- Guilty plea to sexual assault of teen in Freeborn County
- Not guilty plea for kidnapping and assault
- Plea deal in Freeborn County sex abuse