MASON CITY, Iowa - Experts would tell you the number of people traveling for the holidays just keeps growing.
AAA expects nearly 107 million people to hit the road this weekend. According to GasBuddy, the smartphone app connecting drivers to find the cheapest gas prices, Christmas Day gas prices will be the highest since 2013.
The averaging gallon being at $2.38, that's a 12 cent drop from Thanksgiving this year.
Craig Morel says no matter the price at the pump he travels.
“The fact that if you're going to go you're going to go. It will cost you an x amount of dollars just put it in your budget and go from there,” Morel said.
- "Grinchy" Christmas gas prices this year
- Thanksgiving gas prices
- Gas prices on the rise
- Gas prices and holiday travel
- 2018 gas prices expected to rise
- AAA says Hurricane Michael likely won't impact gas prices
- Drivers prepare for Thanksgiving traffic, high gas prices
- Tuba Christmas
- Low milk prices mark bad year for dairy farmers
- Higher gas prices affect those who offer ride-sharing: 'It straight takes from our income'