DECORAH, Iowa – The Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office is warning drivers about the condition of gravel roads in the county.
It is describing many of those roads as “impassable” to both small and two-wheel drive vehicles due to the spring thaw and the resulting mud.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking drivers to consider alternate routes or use of a bigger, four-wheel drive vehicle if you must use a gravel road.
- Gravel road warning in northeast Iowa
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Flash flood warning issued for northeast Iowa
- Freeborn County drivers advised to stay off gravel roads
- 'No Travel' advisory for Cerro Gordo Co. gravel roads
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- Man goes missing in northeast Iowa
- Head-on collision in Northeast Iowa
- Murder charge filed against northeast Iowa man
- School evacuated after northeast Iowa fire