MANLY, Iowa – A man is dead after a grain bin accident in Worth County.
The Sheriff’s Office says it got a call around 11:27 am Monday about a 80-year-old man possibly trapped inside a grain bin in the 1300 block of 370th Street. Deputies were joined at the scene by fire and rescue crews from Manly, Kensett, and Northwood, the Manly Police Department, Mason City Ambulance, Life Flight 2 out of Fort Dodge, Viafield Coop, POET, as well and neighbors and friends.
When the bin was emptied, the man's body was found. His identity is not being released immediately so relatives can be notified.
- Grain bin death in Worth County
- Firefighters practice grain bin rescues
- Man rescued from Dodge County grain bin
- Clogged grain bins causing more deaths earlier this year
- Floyd County students learn about grain bin safety
- Mower County students learn about grain bin safety
- Wind causes grain bin to collapse in Hancock County
- Authorities release name of man killed in Worth Co. grain bin accident
- Iowa officials say person stuck in grain bin died
- Update: Mason City man found deceased in Rockwell grain bin