KLEMME, Iowa - Governor Kim Reynolds made a stop at a farm in Klemme early Tuesday morning to get a good idea of how this year's harvest was going.
The governor visited the farm of Brent Renner, who is Director-At-Large of the Iowa Soybean Association Board. She took the opportunity to ride in the combine as it was harvesting a corn field.
Reynolds spoke to reporters during the visit about the tough times farmers have faced over the years with trade, weather, and the Small Refinery Waivers which have hurt the ethanol market.
She said the US Congress needs to pass the U.S. - Mexico - Canada Trade Agreement quickly and she is glad the administration is trying to find ways to stabilize the ethanol market after those waivers were given.
- Governor Kim Reynolds visits farm in Klemme to get a glimpse of 2019 harvest
- Governor Kim Reynolds speaks at Winnebago Industries annual picnic
- Gov. Kim Reynolds makes North Iowa stop
- Minnesota caucuses give early glimpse at governor's race
- Not guilty plea in Klemme drug arrest
- Rural Klemme home damaged by fire
- Man sentenced for Klemme drug arrest
- Klemme woman accused of vehicle purchase fraud
- Klemme man facing drug/gun charges
- Klemme man sentenced for illegal 'drug kits'