FOREST CITY, Iowa - Major employer Winnebago Industries hosted their annual North Iowa Motorhome Picnic, celebrating 60 years in the state.
Governor Kim Reynolds was invited to speak at the event. "we're here today to celebrate a significant milestone: 60 years with winnebago in the state of iowa and so it's great to be here and be with the employees and say, 'job well done and we're proud to have the company in the state of iowa,'" she says.
The company recognized maintenance supervisor Larry Kearney for being the second employee to achieve 50 years with the company. Reynolds helped fit him with a new Winnebago jacket. "It's an honor, I mean it really is," says Kearney.
About 2,000 people attended the picnic.
- Governor Kim Reynolds speaks at Winnebago Industries annual picnic
- Paycheck problem at Winnebago Industries
- Winnebago Industries visits the White House
- Winnebago Industries leaving the Chicago Stock Exchange
- Rochester’s annual International Summer Picnic
- Gov. Kim Reynolds makes North Iowa stop
- Pride Picnic in Rochester
- Winnebago Industries confirms minor job cuts in July
- Local reaction to Gov. Kim Reynolds approval poll
- Gov. Kim Reynolds announces run for re-election