ROCHESTER, Minn. - As part of their listening tour, Governor-Elect and Lieutenant Governor-Elect Peggy Flanagan are traveling across the state to listen to the concerns of community members.
"There are huge disparities in academic achievement, economic success, and social success between our white population and our communities of color," Mary Gorfine stood and spoke to Walz at the meeting on behalf of the young people she works with through the Olmsted County Youth Commission.
Other issues brought up include the environment, gun law, and the affordable housing crisis.
Walz concluded the meeting with a message of his hope for Democrats and Republicans to work together the next legislative session. "How about we find the best ideas from both sides, piece them together, and move forward and understand that we're not all going to get what we want, but we can get some solutions."
- Governor-Elect Tim Walz visits Rochester
- Minnesota gubernatorial candidate Tim Walz visits RCTC, discusses higher education
- Gov. Walz visits Rochester, talks mental health
- Tim Pawlenty visits Rochester on campaign trail for Minnesota governor
- US Rep. Tim Walz discusses new bill
- Gov. Walz visits Rochester as part of statewide education tour
- U.S. Representative Tim Walz Joins The Picket Line
- Hagedorn gets GOP endorsement to replace Tim Walz
- Walz signs order creating Governor's Biofuels Council
- Gov. Walz visits Southern Minnesota to talk flood recovery