NORA SPRINGS, Iowa - The classroom setting was a little different for social studies teacher Josh Bass as he was celebrated by faculty, family and students.
"I was very, very surprised and I'm very appreciative of my students for nominating me,” says Josh Bass, social studies teacher at Central Springs Middle School.
Bass attended the same school years ago and after graduating from Iowa State University he moved back home.
"Teaching wise, I kind of wanted to come back home because I take so much pride. I feel in my district you know all the families. I think when you know the families it helps.”
Eighth-grader Ryley Meek-Mattson nominated Bass for all he has done for him and his peers.
"He makes sure that everyone knows what they're doing and if someone has a question he would like help them out step by step through it and get that one-on-one time with them."
And outside of the classroom, you can often find Mr. Bass on the football field.
"He's a really good football coach, and when we're on the field he teaches to the best of our ability,” says Meek-Mattson.
"We're here to teach the content but we want to obviously enhance their learning and have them having love for learning,” says Bass.
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Josh Bass
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Megan Gapinski
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Kari Olson
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Heidi Sokol
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Kimberly Fleming
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Alissa Sauer
- Golden Apple Award winners from January
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Kyle Rosedahl
- Golden Apple Award Winner: Mr. Sam Brown
- Our February Golden Apple Award winners