ROCHESTER, Minn. – A young girl was hit while walking in a parking lane Wednesday.
The Rochester Police Department says the eight-year-old was walking with her guardian along 6th Street SE when she was hit by the westbound vehicle driven by Say Son, 71 from Rochester, around 5:42 pm.
Police say the girl and her guardian were apparently walking in the parking lane of the street, near the intersection with 5th Avenue, because the sidewalks were snow and ice covered and they didn’t feel safe on them.
The girl was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Police say they did not issue a ticket to Son. They do not believe he was speeding and simply did not see the girl.
- Girl hit while walking along Rochester street
- Motorcyclist hit in Rochester
- Rochester walks to end MS
- Steam rising on Rochester streets
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Alzheimer's walk in Rochester raises over 100k
- Rochester Alzheimer's walk raises over $140,000
- Plows to work on widening Rochester streets
- UPDATE: Missing girls located in Rochester
- Car hits semi southeast of Rochester