ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A young female fell from a tree at a Freeborn County campground Wednesday.
The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office says it was called around 2:18 pm to the White Fox Campground site #83 at Myre-Big Island State Park about a juvenile that had climbed a tree and made a comment about possibly jumping.
When deputies arrives, they say the female was still about 30 feet up in the tree and standing on some limbs. Deputies say they tried unsuccessfully to persuade her to come down and then requested the ladder truck from the Albert Lea Fire Department.
Deputies say they continued to talk to the juvenile while waiting for the truck and that’s when she apparently fell out of the tree by accident, striking several branches on the way down before landing on her back and left side.
The juvenile was still conscious as deputies gave her first aid and they say she was complaining of her hips and back hurting.
Gold Cross Ambulance took the female to Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea for treatment.
- Girl falls 30 feet out of tree at Albert Lea campground
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Art installation in Albert lea
- Hackenmueller out as Albert Lea wrestling coach
- Small Business Saturday in Albert Lea
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea stabbing