AUSTIN, Minn.- It’s pretty common to see pumpkins around time of year. However, it’s quite rare to see a pumpkin that weighs over 1,000 pounds.
Tanner Conway grew a 1,300 pound pumpkin that’s on display at Berg’s Nursery.
Every year he tries to grow a pumpkin and compete in a pumpkin weigh-off.
He wants to grow Minnesota's first 2,000 pound pumpkin.
“Wisonsin has done it, Iowa;s is getting closer each year. It'll be fun to try to shoot for a 2,000-pound pumpkin out of Minnesota,” said Conway.
The pumpkin will be on display at the nursery until next week.
- Giant pumpkin on display in Austin
- Austin Art Center displays exhibit on black art
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- Hilton Hotel displays heart
- Fall Attraction: Plain Ol' Pumpkins
- Mixed outcome on area pumpkin crop
- Summer growing season great for fall pumpkins
- River City Sculptures on Display ends Monday
- Fallen Heroes Display honors those who served
- DMC holds luncheon to display downtown artists