ROCHESTER, Minn. - In less than one month, Peace Plaza in downtown Rochester will be transformed into an icy oasis for SocialICE.
The event includes ice sculptures, ice bars and lots of entertainment. Thousands of people attend SocialICE each year. This year, there's something new to look forward to.
"We've got curling in the back alley kind of between the Chateau Theatre and the Shops at University Square that's presented by Destination Medical Center. So that will be a fun, interesting way to get people involved in winter sports," said Katie Adelman with the Rochester Downtown Alliance.
SocialICE is Thursday, February 6th from 5:00pm-9:00pm and Friday, February 7th and Saturday, February 8th from 4:00pm-10:00pm.
- Getting ready for SocialICE
- Record-breaking winter for SocialICE
- New attendance record for SocialICE
- Curling is ready to go on Friday at SocialICE
- SOCIALICE brings traffic to driving services
- Law enforcement preps with 50K expected for Rochester's SocialICE
- Rochester's SocialICE sets record with 67,000 people attending
- Traffic, weather, and events: Everything you need to know about SocialIce 2019
- Superlarks ready for state tournament
- Iowa Legislators ready for 2018 session