ROCHESTER, Minn. - After months of clear, dry roads, the first rounds of snowfall are causing some slippery driving conditions.
In a video posted on Facebook, the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office is reminding drivers how to be winter drivers.
In the video, a Sergeant gives these tips to drivers: slow down, leave extra space between the car in front, be patient, and know your breaks.
As always, drivers are encouraged to limit distractions while driving. If the roads are too dangerous stay home.
- Getting back into winter driving
- Winter coat drive begins in Rochester
- Fighting back against the winter blues
- Drivers share their experiences driving on I-35 during winter storm
- Having winter fun before going back to school
- StormTeam3: A pleasant Saturday before Winter roars back
- Minnesota House backs hands-free cellphone rule for driving
- Minnesota Senate backs hands-free phoning-while-driving bill
- Winter Weather & Skin Care
- Homelessness During the Winter