ROCHESTER, Minn. - After months of clear, dry roads, the first rounds of snowfall are causing some slippery driving conditions.
In a video posted on Facebook, the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office is reminding drivers how to be winter drivers.
In the video, a Sergeant gives these tips to drivers: slow down, leave extra space between the car in front, be patient, and know your breaks.
As always, drivers are encouraged to limit distractions while driving. If the roads are too dangerous stay home.
- Getting back into winter driving
- Having winter fun before going back to school
- Driving in whiteout conditions
- Dangers of dehydrated driving
- Driving in winter-like conditions: 'I didn't mind it in December, but this is getting ridiculous'
- Help 30 families and 25 single adults at Winter Clothing Drive
- Winter Weather & Skin Care
- Homelessness During the Winter
- Educating future winter drivers
- Beating the winter blues