ROCHESTER, Minn. - In these brutally cold temperatures, it can seem the car takes too long to get warm.
According to Consumer Reports, here are some tips on the car heater:
- Starting to drive will help the engine warm up, and ultimately help the car heat up.
- Putting the fan on 'high' will not make the air turn warm quicker.
- Keeping the A/C button on will help keep the windows from fogging up.
- Using recirculation mode can actually make windows fog faster if it's a full car.
For the full report, click here.
- Get warmer in the car, faster
- Faster internet expanding to rural areas
- Study finds false stories travel way faster than the truth
- Warmer temperatures affecting road conditions
- Do warmer temps lead you to speed?
- A year ago today it was much warmer
- Running car thefts
- Warmer, rainier seasons predicted for the Midwest according to climate assessment
- Wind Chill Warning still in effect for some, but warmer temps on the way
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35