MASON CITY, Iowa - During the walking tour developers and city leaders discussed some last minute details of the project, which will involve moving a sewer line.
David Rachie works for Gatehouse, the company that will be developing the Music Man Square Hotel and Confrence Center. He says a project of this size is not without challenges. He mentioned the skywalk that will be built from the new hotel that will connect to Music Man Square as one of the more technically complex parts of the project.
Gatehouse has developed hotels across the country, in cities like Los Angeles, Dallas, and San Francisco. Rachie thinks Mason City's new hotel will be a point of pride in the River City.
- Gatehouse in Mason City to tour hotel site
- Mason City makes final agreement with Gatehouse Capital on River City Renaissance project
- Gatehouse Capital back in as lead developer of hotel portion of River City Renaissance Project
- Email shows Gatehouse still interested in River City Renaissance project
- Scholten 'Thank You' tour in Mason City
- New life for downtown Mason City hotel
- Guilty plea in Mason City construction site theft
- "Iowa Deserves Better" tour stops in Mason City
- Iowa lawmakers tour Mason City renewable energy facilities
- Mason City Chamber Ag tour gives people a new perspective on rail