BROWNSDALE, Minn. – The Mower County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a break-in at a gas station early Monday morning.
There was an alarm call at 2:31 am at the CHS gas station in Brownsdale. Deputies arrived to find one door forced open to get inside, with the burglar apparently leaving through another door. Someone connected to the store says nothing seemed to be stolen or out of place.
A K9 unit from the Austin Police Department was called to the scene and the dog tracked a scent for several yards before losing it. Mower County Senior Investigator Sergeant Steven Sandvik says that indicates the burglar might have gotten into a vehicle.
Surveillance video from the gas station is being reviewed. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call 507-437-9400.
- Gas station break-in in Brownsdale
- Canopy blown off Lake Mills gas station
- More details emerge surrounding alleged robbery near Rochester gas station
- Engine compartment blamed for car fire at Rochester gas station
- Canopy collapse closes gas station in Winnebago County
- Police: Man threatened to kill everyone at Iowa gas station
- Gas explosion breaks windows in Freeborn County home
- And the cleanest restrooms at gas stations in each state are ...
- Surveillance images from May 4 gas station robbery released by Austin police
- Long time full-service gas station and car wash in Mason City will soon close