MASON CITY, Iowa - According to Gas Buddy, an app tracking prices at gas stations across the nation, the average price is $2.75 a gallon.
Iowa is sitting at $2.67, Minnesota is at $2.55, and compared to last year gas is up 33 cents. Experts at Gas Buddy are blaming it on supply and demand of crude oil.
This is the highest in average price they've seen since 2015 and what's scary is that we haven't even hit summer driving season. Those with Gas Buddy don't believe we'll see prices going over three bucks, thankfully.
- Gas prices on the rise
- 2018 gas prices expected to rise
- Gas prices and holiday travel
- "Grinchy" Christmas gas prices this year
- AAA says Hurricane Michael likely won't impact gas prices
- Higher gas prices affect those who offer ride-sharing: 'It straight takes from our income'
- Chickenpox on the rise
- Package thefts on the rise
- Iowa flu deaths rise again
- Gas leak closes Highway 122