ROCHESTER, Minn. - A portion of 16th Ave. NW in Rochester was closed off to traffic due to a gas leak Monday night.
It happened near the intersection of 16th Ave. NW & 1st St. NW when a construction crew was working in the area and hit the gas line with their mini excavator.
Rochester Fire Department was called in to temporarily clamp the line until Minnesota Energy was able to arrive on scene.
The road was closed to through traffic until they arrived.
- Gas leak shuts down Rochester road
- Gas leak in NW Rochester
- Gas leak shuts down Highway 14 in Rochester
- Gas leak shuts down Broadway Avenue in Rochester
- Rochester apartments evacuated after gas leak
- UPDATE: Natural gas leak in Rochester
- UPDATE: All clear given after gas leak shut down Clarion
- Gas leak closes Highway 122
- Gas leak in Mason City
- UPDATE: Residents return home after Rochester gas leak