Rochester, Minn. – KIMT has confirmed that John Adams Middle School in Rochester was evacuated Thursday due to an odor of natural gas.
Students were quickly allowed back into the school and classes were dismissed as scheduled.
The following message was distributed to parents of John Adams students:
“Dear JA Families,
Earlier today we sent communication notifying you that John Adams was evacuated briefly due to the odor of natural gas. District officials assisted with the evacuation and MN Energy and Rochester Fire Department (RFD) arrived quickly on the scene. RFD provided an all-clear and students returned to the building. This occurred near the end of the day, but student dismissal was on-time.
As a result of today’s evacuation, we are postponing this evening’s 7th and 8th grade band concert. We will keep you updated on a rescheduled date.
All of our students and staff are safe and we look forward to resuming our normal schedule tomorrow, Friday, December 8th.
Thank you for your patience,
Kim McDonald, Principal
John Adams Middle School”
- UPDATE: Natural gas smell reported at Rochester middle school
- UPDATE: Natural gas leak in Rochester
- Local company helping to conserve natural gas
- Natural gas explosion in Fort Dodge
- Dozens of natural gas explosions in Massachusetts
- Gas leak in NW Rochester
- Proposing a new middle school in SW Rochester
- UPDATE: Residents return home after Rochester gas leak
- Sheriff: Rochester woman who turned herself in had BB gun in possession, smelled of pot
- New natural foods market opening in Rochester, bringing economic impact