NORTHWOOD, Iowa – Several homes were evacuated Saturday morning after a gas leak in Northwood.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says it got a call around 9:30 am of a private party possibly hitting a gas line in the 300 block of 5th Street N. Deputies arrived to the smell and sound of natural gas leaking from the north side of a home.
Several properties were evacuated as a precaution until Alliant Energy arrived at the scene to stop the leak. Residents were allowed back in their homes around 10:30 am.
The Northwood Fire Department also assisted with this incident.