NORTHWOOD, Iowa – Several homes were evacuated Saturday morning after a gas leak in Northwood.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says it got a call around 9:30 am of a private party possibly hitting a gas line in the 300 block of 5th Street N. Deputies arrived to the smell and sound of natural gas leaking from the north side of a home.
Several properties were evacuated as a precaution until Alliant Energy arrived at the scene to stop the leak. Residents were allowed back in their homes around 10:30 am.
The Northwood Fire Department also assisted with this incident.
- Gas leak forces temporary evacuations in Northwood
- UPDATE: Evacuation for Northwood gas leak ends
- Gas leak ends safely in Northwood
- Gas leak forces evacuation of Austin furniture store
- Rochester apartments evacuated after gas leak
- Austin block evacuated after gas leak
- 6 houses evacuated due to gas leak in Mason City
- Gas leak leads to evacuations at Waldorf University
- Gas leak closes Highway 122
- Gas leak in Mason City