GARNER, Iowa- Garner is now one of the first in the state of Iowa to put a regulation on where you can buy marijuana. The drug is not yet legal in the state, but the council unanimously voted to only allow it to be sold in industrial zoned parts of the city.
“If we wait and things start moving faster than you expect or it appears it is going to drag on, but all of a sudden there is a decision, we don’t want to get caught out,” said Mayor Ken Mick.
Mayor Mick said this is the same approach the city took when it comes to fireworks or adult entertainment clubs. He said they just don’t want those types of businesses on Main Street.
- Garner one of first towns in state of Iowa to regulate marijuana sales
- Man found with 13 pounds of marijuana arrested in Garner
- Iowa lawmakers to weigh hemp regulations
- Sand bags available in Garner
- Garner man arrested for meth
- Guilty plea in Garner arson
- Iowa State's marijuana shirt ban case costs school $1 million
- State regulator approve northern Minnesota pipeline
- Garner City Council looking to be proactive if marijuana becomes legal
- Iowa Senate considering more potent medical marijuana