GARNER, Iowa – A Hancock County man is pleading not guilty to stealing service from Alliant Energy.
45-year-old Dennis Michael Martin of Garner is facing one count of 2nd degree theft. Alliant Energy says it shut off service to Martin’s home four separate times between July and October due to lack of payment but Martin reconnected his property every time. The company says it placed a lock on Martin’s gas meter on one occasion, only to return to find the lock cut off and the gas turned back on.
Alliant Energy says it eventually confiscated Martin’s gas meter so it could not be reconnected. The company also says Martin owes it $1,246.59 in fees over this matter.
A trial is now scheduled for February 21, 2018.
- Garner man to stand trial over stolen gas service
- Garner man to stand trial for drug dealing and ID theft
- Garner man arrested for meth
- Rochester man found incompetent to stand trial
- Accused embezzler to stand trial
- UPDATED: Tires and rims stolen from Garner car dealership
- Trial set over 13 pounds of pot found in Garner
- Garner man sentenced for stealing from grandparents
- Homeless man to stand trial in attack on Rochester woman
- Man charged with murder competent to stand trial